The Shamvocate has out a speculative list of who might be in line to occupy the Throne of Drone inside the Rhode Island Avenue Cesspool.
Reached by phone, HRC spokesman Michael Cole-Schwartz declined to give details on when a successor to Solmonese may be announced or who may be among the finalists for the job. Multiple outside sources, meanwhile, speculated that the following LGBT leaders could fit the job description to run the 1-million-member-plus organization.
- Patrick Guerriero – former Log Cabin Republican head
- Brian Ellner – served as a “senior strategist for the Human Rights Campaign during the multi-coalitional, bipartisan effort New Yorkers for Marriage Equality” which fucked over trans people by enabling gay wants to trump trans needs and ensuting that New York will never add trans rights to its immoral 2002 law which gave gays and lesbians the right to discriminate against trans people. “He ran a very successful campaign, and it’s the biggest thing [HRC] has been involved in in awhile,” a source said.
- Queen Elizabeth III – seriously. at least according to this list
- Chad Griffin – “cofounder for the American Foundation for Equal Rights—the backer of the lawsuit against Proposition 8, which the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals ruled unconstitutional earlier this week”
- Sean Eldridge – “Eldridge left Columbia Law School to work as communications director for Freedom to Marry, where he served as political director during the successful effort to pass the marriage equality bill last year. “
- Chuck Wolfe – executive director of the Gay & Lesbian Victory Fund
- Kevin Jennings – founder of the Gay, Lesbian, and Straight Education Network and served as assistant deputy secretary for the Department of Education’s Office of Safe and Drug-Free Schools
- Randi Weingarten – president of the 1.5-million-member American Federation of Teachers, someone whose screen presence is so nauseating that I can’t stand listening to her even if she’s saying something that I agree with, and – the icing on the cake – current partner of Hilary Rosen.
So, here’s what we have: A list that is all but completely cloroxed; two women – neither trans but one who would be a re-animation of an era of trans-exterminative doublespeak (remember the 2001 declaration that Maryland had become, via enacting a gay-only rights law, a “discrimination-free zone”?) and the other the current partner of the other’s obnoxious, transphobic corporatist ex; a Republican; some Marriage Derangement Syndrome-pushers; and a couple of other re-treads.
Transphobic gay political incest at its most diseased.
Yes, taking the Shamvocate at its word, this isn’t the actual list; allegedly, there is a trans person being considered – not a trans woman, of course. However, even if the Rhode Island Avenue Cesspool’s actual list is a bit less white and a bit less trans-exterminative, what does this say about the Shamvocate regarding what it was willing to throw together as a list?